What will I be doing?
- Customer Service on the shop floor, keeping the shop floor well maintained.
- Working in the sort room / stock room helping to sort and price goods for display
- Working on the books department, categorising and sorting and preparing the books to BHF guidelines
What skills will I develop for my CV?
- Problem Solving – Preparing out stock for replenishment and rotation, making sure of the correct stock in the correct place
- Creativity – Making the shop floor look great, preparing stock for window displays
- Leadership – Volunteers are supported in the shop but there is opportunity to work independently on tasks (not alone)
- Staying Positive – Retail is hard work – there will be times when stock comes in and there’s no room or it is very busy
- Teamwork – Plenty of opportunity to work with others in our diverse and inclusive teams
- Listening – Plenty of opportunity to communicate with others customers, team members and donors
- Presenting – Full training and support is given to enhance their confidence, to try new things and the chance to develop
What do I need?
- Full training is given, but we need friendly, cooperative people to represent the BHF’s values
What else do I need to know?
- Travel expenses are given
- Roles are flexible around other commitments
Apply using the link in the email https://www.bhf.org.uk/how-you-can-help/volunteer/register-as-a-volunteer